Here are a few ideas to help you start off the new year on a good foot!
- Make a folder for your 2015 taxes. As year end statements and tax reports arrive, put them in your folder
- Review your 2015 IRA contributions. Have you put in the maximum allowable amount? If you haven’t, you should.
- Have you gone paperless? Many utilities allow you to go paperless for statements. Make the switch if you want to cut down on paper.
- Tax returns only have to be kept for 7 years. If you have older tax returns shred them.
- Furnace filters and batteries in smoke detectors – Yes, these are a pain to change sometimes. Smoke detectors with low batteries only seem to start chirping at 3am during the work week. If you haven’t changed the batteries for more than 6 months, swap them out for new ones.
- Review your investment portfolio. Check that you’re properly balanced. Make adjustments, if needed.
Sharon L. Herman AAMS, ADPA is the CEO of Silver Key Wealth Management
The opinions expressed in this material do not necessarily reflect the views of LPL Financial.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through Independent Financial Partners. IFP is a registered investment advisor. IFP and Silver Key Wealth Management are separate entities from LPL financial.