The first quarter of 2016 just finished and some of you were in a panic. The market had a pullback and it left many of you bewildered.
No need to panic if you are following the philosophy below:
- Be well diversified. Not every sector can do well every year. That’s why you need to “spread the love” amongst many different types of holdings
- Rebalance – not only do you need to be diversified, but keep the right amount investments in the right proportions. Have a professional help you calculate what the ratios should be.
- Invest for the long term. Keep your long term money in long term investments; keep your short term money in short term investments. Don’t worry if the long term investments take a dip in the short term!
- Buy quality investments. A good investment is a good investment, even if the market takes a short term dip.
- Talk to a financial advisor if you feel that you need some help!
There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
Sharon L. Herman AAMS, ADPA is the CEO of Silver Key Wealth Management
The opinions expressed in this material do not necessarily reflect the views of LPL Financial.
Securities offered through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advice offered through Independent Financial Partners. IFP is a registered investment advisor. IFP and Silver Key Wealth Management are separate entities from LPL financial.